MADISON, Wis. - Madison police officers helped apprehend two teenagers after a stolen car crashed into electrical boxes on the city's east side Wednesday night.
Police said the crash happened on South Baldwin Street near East Washington Avenue around 9:30 p.m.
According to the report, a Maple Bluff officer had attempted to pull over the car, which had been reported as stolen out of Waunakee.
The boys -- one 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, both of Madison -- fled but were found hiding inside a bathroom at a Williamson Street gas station, police said. Community members helped direct police to their location.
Waunakee police are handling the stolen car case and Maple Bluff police the hit-and-run, officials said.
- Alliant shuts off some utilities in Rock County because of flooding
- Middleton bank robbed Monday afternoon, police say
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Drunken driver who struck, killed 24-year-old pedestrian sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Police: East Towne bank robbery could be related to others in area
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night