MADISON, Wis. - A 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle without owner's consent after a Madison Police Department parking enforcement officer found a stolen RAV4 parked in the 2300 block of Cyprus Way Tuesday night.
According to police, the car was occupied when the officer found it. The officer ran the plate of the car and discovered that the vehicle had been stolen.
Several officers responded and surrounded the vehicle so the driver wouldn't take off. The RAV4 was stolen Tuesday afternoon from the 1800 block of South Park Street.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound
- Madison Finance Committee approves program to offset cost of wheel tax for people on food stamps
- ‘I'm blessed': Marlon Anderson happy to have job back, but says fight isn't over
- How Corey Pompey became UW-Madison's new band director
- Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
- First-ever virtual reality class taught at Madison College
- Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound