MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man suffered a serious head injury Tuesday afternoon after the SUV he and his family were in was hit by a car, police said.
The man and his family were driving around 5:10 p.m. on Anderson Street at Wright Street when the crash happened, according to a release.
Witnesses told police the man’s SUV was heading west on Anderson Street, crossing Wright Street at a green light, when the other driver turned left from eastbound Anderson Street to go north on Wright Street.
The driver, 51-year-old Kristine K. Jasmin, of Madison, pulled into the path of the SUV, police said.
The man’s wife and two young children were not injured in the crash, but he was taken to a hospital to be treated for a concussion and a brain bleed, according to the release.
Jasmin was arrested on a tentative charge of second offense operating while intoxicated causing injury.
- Man approaches 2 elementary school children, asks them to get in car
- Snapchat image sent to Waterloo students says 'wonder if I score more than 17'
- MPD: 2 arrested after outside fight on Packers Avenue
- Madison ice rinks closed for season, parks officials say
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Backpacks searched at Beloit high school after possible threats