MADISON, Wis. - The Madison man who officers said shot through a woman's door, hitting and injuring her Monday afternoon, was arrested, according to police.
Madison police said a 36-year-old woman who was inside her apartment in a building in the 7900 block of Tree Lane shortly before 3 p.m. when she was shot in the arm.
Madison police's Violent Crimes Unit said that 28-year-old Diorian H. Lamont-Smith fired one round through the victim's apartment door after he had been kicked out of the apartment for fighting with another man.
The injured woman was treated and released from a hospital.
Lamont-Smith was arrested on suspicion of first-degree reckless endangering safety, being a felon in possession of a firearm and bail jumping.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Deputies rescue 2 wailing bear cubs trapped in flooded den
- Experts warn Midwest flood risk may persist for months
- Judge refuses to throw out homicide case against baby sitter
- Milwaukee Archdiocese removes 2 archbishops' names from headquarters complex
- Canadian pipeline group spent $11M lobbying in Minnesota last year
- Superior joins $18M cleanup of Howards Bay contamination