MERRILL, Wis. - The Lincoln County Sherriff's Office says two of its deputies were involved in a shooting incident that left a suspect wounded.
Lt. Timothy Fischer says it happed Saturday evening on Wisconsin Highway 64 in the Town of Corning, which is just west of Merrill in central Wisconsin.
Statements from the sheriff's office don't say what led to the incident. Fischer said in one statement that the suspect was flown from the scene with injuries, the severity of which were not immediately known.
The state Division of Criminal Investigation is leading the investigation.
Names of the deputies and the victim have not been released.
Fischer says the sheriff's office will not provide further updates on the investigation until Monday morning.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
One person suffers gunshot wound at credit union in Janesville
Beaver Dam police looking for people who shot out multiple windows in parking lot with BB guns
- One person suffers gunshot wound at credit union in Janesville
- Madison West students planning walkout in protest of staff member fired for alleged racial slur
- Multiple crews responding to house fire in Burke
- As possible end to General Motors strike draws near, workers continue to picket
- Safe, but costly way to make railroad crossings quieter heads to east side neighborhood
- Madison School District notifies parents about possible referenda questions for next year's ballot