MADISON, Wis. - A suspect in a 2016 homicide on Madison’s south side was arrested Friday in Illinois, according to a release.
Brandon Crockett, 27, of Chicago, was arrested in Matteson, Illinois, by members of the U.S. Marshals Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
Crockett is the main suspect in the Sept. 28, 2016, shooting on McDivitt Road in Madison, according to the release.
Crockett shot Marsellas Coleman several times in the 2700 block of McDivitt Road, officials said. Coleman later died from his injuries.
An investigation determined Crockett left Wisconsin and was working in Matteson, according to the release. Law enforcement officers found and arrested Crockett Friday at his place of employment.
He is currently being held in custody at the Cook County Jail where he is awaiting extradition back to Wisconsin.
- DCSO: Man crashes into squad car after pursuit, deputy hurt
- Police: registered sex offender found running through west side backyards
- New overnight finals-week shuttle at UW-Madison designed for student safety
- Child seriously injured in second major crash at Dodge County intersection in two weeks
- Oprah attends UW-Milwaukee graduation ceremony
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later