SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A teenager was taken into custody following a shooting in Sun Prairie Tuesday night.
Officers with the Sun Prairie Police Department were sent to the Element apartment building around 10:30 p.m. The building is located just off Main Street.
Officers arrived to find a 23-year-old man with a gunshot wound to his upper arm, according to Lt. Kevin Konopacki with the Sun Prairie Police Department.
Officers are investigating a shooting in the area of 300 Park Circle. Officers will remain on scene through the early morning investigating. We believe this event to be targeted.— Sun Prairie PD (@sunprairiepd) October 9, 2019
The man was taken to the hospital and is stable.
The man also was able to identify the shooter as his 16-year-old younger brother, but was not willing to provide any more information to police, Konopacki said.
The 16-year-old was taken into custody during a traffic stop in Fond du Lac County, Konopacki said.
The teen was transported to the Dane County Juvenile Reception Center and is tentatively being charged with first-degree reckless endangering safety.
Sun Prairie police said this was a targeted incident and not a random act.
Anyone with further information is asked to contact Sun Prairie police at 608-837-7336 or anonymously at 608-837-6300.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- PFC names Wahl official acting chief as search for permanent replacement begins
- Texas man suspected of killing girlfriend, infant daughter who moved from Wisconsin to be with him
- Schoep's Ice Cream Co. files for receivership
- City leaders address pedestrian safety on the isthmus
- Darlington police chief who was forgotten for the last 86 years to be honored for line-of-duty death
- Sun Prairie cutting down voter wait time by doubling up on polling places