JUNEAU, Wis. - The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office is asking for help in identifying those responsible for a series of burglaries.
At least five burglaries are under investigation in the northeastern area of Dodge County, with the earliest happening April 14. The Dodge County sheriff said in the release that the burglaries could be connected to burglaries in neighboring counties.
The burglars target older farm houses when no one is home. The homes are isolated from neighbors and have vegetation, making them less visible from the road. The burglars are taking cash, jewelry and guns.
Residents are asked to pay attention to their surroundings and report anything suspicious. Rural Dodge County residents are asked to get to know neighbors and their vehicles and keep valuables in a locked safe.
The sheriff’s office is increasing patrols.
Anyone with information about the burglaries is asked to contact the Dodge County Sheriff’s Office at 920-386-3726.
- Woman charged in 3 infant deaths from the '80s, says she 'can't take kids that constantly cry'
- Sun Prairie High wants to end "demeaning" student ranking tradition
- Janesville man admits to setting his own home on fire
- Man who shot woman on interstate petitions for release from mental institution
- Milwaukee man gets life without parole in triple-homicide
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters