MADISON, Wis. - A 10-year-old reported a stranger stopped to ask her questions Wednesday while she was walking her dog on Madison’s near east side, officials said.
The girl was walking on Elizabeth Street around 4:25 p.m. when the man, who was in a car, asked her things like what grade she was in and what school she goes to, according to a release.
The girl told police the man made her feel uncomfortable, so she ignored him, went home and told a parent what happened, police said.
The man is described as white, in his 50s with thinning gray and brown hair and a birthmark or scar on his right cheek. He was driving a newer black car.
- Pride Parade marches on without police participation
- Motorcycle was speeding before crash on East Washington Ave., police say
- Police: 21-year-old man fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Torso, leg found in Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota
- GoFundMe page created in honor of Town of Madison officer
- Police: Fight involving 30 people reported on Madison's west side