VILLAGE OF LAKE DELTON, Wis. - The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and its partners are now offering up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the Jan. 25 fire at the Wilderness Resort.
ATF officials have determined that the incident was arson, according to a news release from the agency. The fire at an employee dormitory near the Wilderness left the three-story new construction building a total loss.
Investigators are looking to identify the person in a released photo and any additional information that could help the investigation.
Those with information can dial 1-888-ATF-FIRE (283-3473), email ATFTips@atf.gov or submit an anonymous tip through the ReportIt app.
The reward of up to $20,000 includes $7,500 from ATF, $5,000 from the Wisconsin Arson Insurance Council, $5,000 from the Wilderness Resort, $1,000 from Sauk County Crime Stoppers and $1,500 from the Lake Delton Police Department.
The rewards are based on whether the information provided leads to the identification and conviction of those responsible for the fire, according to the news release.
The ATF is assisting the Delton Fire Department, the Lake Delton Police Department and the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation in investigating what started the fire.
- Silver Alert issued for 82-year-old woman
- Power pole caught fire Thursday, MFD crew responded
- School bus crash witness: 'I almost wanted to cry'
- Severe thunderstorm warning for southern Crawford, northern Grant Co. until 8:45 p.m.
- Busier Memorial Day weekend traffic this year
- 'He's just our own little superhero': 10-year-old boy's organs to be donated after car crash