MADISON, Wis. - A downtown Madison resident has been accused of swinging his roommate's cat by its hind legs, according to a news release.
Madison police said concerned citizens saw the 19-year-old mishandling a young cat inside an apartment in the 1500 block of University Avenue. The pet belongs to one of his roommates.
Witnesses, who were in a nearby building, told police they saw the teen swinging the cat by its hind legs, in a helicopter-type motion and then putting it in a trash can. They said they also saw him using a high-powered squirt gun to spray the cat while it was in the receptacle, and place it in a plastic bag.
The 19-year-old told police he was just playing with the cat, according to the report. The cat didn't appear to be injured and was taken to the Dane County Humane Society.
The man was cited on suspicion of cruelty to animals.
- Chasing the Dream: Local Olympian inspires future generations of speedskaters
- Attempted murder suspect uncooperative, not allowed in court at hearing
- Consumer Reports: So you got a drone - Now what?
- Waterloo School District cancels all classes, activities due to threat investigation
- Man detained after potentially explosive chemicals found in an apartment
- Fire officials help secure floating propane tanks in Milton