MADISON, Wis. - Officials are looking for a woman accused in a bad-check cashing spree in the Madison area, police said Tuesday.
Madison police said the department's burglary crimes unit is among several area law enforcement agencies seeking to arrest 30-year-old Deserah L. Chapman.
Chapman is wanted on suspicion of a felony parole violation and in connection with an identity theft and fraudulent check-cashing crime spree that has duped victims out of tens of thousands of dollars, police said.
According to the report, Chapman is known to frequent area stores and businesses. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Police said Chapman also goes by the name Deserah L. Schuepbach. According to the report, she is homeless.
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Second part of Great Sauk State Trail to open
- Volunteers help officials search for evidence in Jayme Closs case
- Police arrest three as part of national domestic violence warrant sweep
- Wisconsin unemployment below 3 percent for eighth month
- Free George Webb burgers Thursday