MADISON, Wis. - Police are looking for a pair of teens in connection with two gun store robberies in January, an official said.
The Oregon Police Department said investigators are looking for 17-year-old Jayquan Retelle and 17-year-old Armon Vaccaro. Police believe the two were involved in burglaries at CTR Firearms in Janesville and Max Creek Outdoors in Oregon on Jan. 31. The stores were robbed a few hours apart.
"Something terrible could happen. We would like to get these guns back as soon as possible. These two individuals are only 17 years old there is a reason why 17-year olds shouldnt have guns out on the street. We would hate for one of those guns to end up in the wrong hands and possibly harm someone in the community," said Oregon police Sgt. Chad Schub
During the burglary at CTR Firearms in Janesville, the criminals smashed a window in a door, but were not able to steal any firearms because they are kept locked in a vault, officials said. Police said surveillance video showed that there were three male robbers involved in the Janesville incident but didn't identify a third teen Thursday.
Max Creek Outdoors was robbed three hours later. Oregon police believe one of the teens stayed in the car and the other went in through the air ducts. The burglars got in and out within 2 minutes with 17 firearms. One of the guns has been recovered.
- Human remains of missing Wisconsin brother believed to have been found in Nebraska
- UW students raise money to put AED in residence hall to save someone in cardiac arrest
- Slippery morning commute possible Tuesday
- Man who fired shots at Visions Nightclub sentenced to 10 months in jail, 4 years of probation
- Local business picking up pieces after car crashes into building for second time this year
- Silver Alert canceled, missing man from Illinois found safe