MADISON, Wis. - Police are investigating a bank robbery at BMO Harris Bank on Madison's north side Tuesday after a man stole money, according to an incident report.
Police said the man entered the bank just before 11 a.m. and demanded money. He did not show any weapons, and he fled with cash.
The report said the culprit is a 230-pound, 5-foot, 8-inch tall man in his 30s with a dark complexion and a pale spot on his lip. Bank employees said he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black baseball cap and carrying a black backpack, according to the release.
Officials released surveillance images of the robber Tuesday afternoon.
Anyone with information on the robber's identity is asked to call Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade
- Police: 19-year-old woman sexually assaulted in car while visiting downtown Madison