MADISON, Wis. - Police are asking the public's help in identifying a man seen in surveillance images of a gas station robbery in early January.
Madison police released the images Tuesday from the armed robbery at the Mobil on Cottage Grove Road on Jan. 2.
A man carrying what appeared to be a long gun wrapped in a piece of cloth robbed the Mobil at about 7 p.m., police said.
The robber may live in the area of the Mobil station and might have moved to Madison recently from Florida, according to the report. Anyone with information on his identity is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.
The robber was described as white, in his 30s and 5 feet 9 inches tall, police said. He had a thin-to-medium build and was wearing a black jacket with a black scarf over his face.
- Man approaches 2 elementary school children, asks them to get in car
- Snapchat image sent to Waterloo students says 'wonder if I score more than 17'
- MPD: 2 arrested after outside fight on Packers Avenue
- Madison ice rinks closed for season, parks officials say
- Preferred route picked for Wisconsin, Iowa transmission line
- Backpacks searched at Beloit high school after possible threats