MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested on suspicion of a repeat impaired driving offense Tuesday afternoon after he was found unconscious and behind the wheel of a running car, police said.
Madison police said the car was positioned to turn onto Fish Hatchery Road from a parking lot at 2:50 p.m.
A concerned citizen who was also trying to leave the lot called 911 while also trying to provide aid to the driver, later identified as 35-year-old Donald E. Wells Jr., the report said.
Madison Fire Department paramedics arrived to administer doses of naloxone. Wells was also cited on suspicion of possession of heroin.
Complaint: Kidnapping victim's clothing found hidden inside suspect's auto business
Suspicious package determined to be bag of garbage, police say
- Far southwestern Wisconsin to be hit with late night winter storm
- Local pig farmers could feel impact of Chinese tariffs
- Complaint: Kidnapping victim's clothing found hidden inside suspect's auto business
- Suspicious package determined to be bag of garbage, police say
- Two arrested in North Freedom on drug-related charges, officials say
- Fitzgerald: Senate may revisit exemptions for sand plant