VIOLA, Wis. - A man was arrested after he admitted to robbing a beauty salon in Richland County on Wednesday, police said.
According to a news release from the Richland County Sheriff's Department, officials responded to a report of a burglary that happened overnight.
The report said someone entered the Shear Bliss Beauty Salon at 119 West Commercial St. in the village of Viola. An investigation revealed that someone entered the building and stole cash and other items.
The release said investigators spoke with Zach Alexander, 21, of Soldiers Grove, after evidence from the scene led officials to him.
Deputies said they contacted Alexander, who later admitted to the burglary.
Alexander was arrested and is in jail on a felony burglary and theft charge.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017