MADISON, Wis. - Officers are questioning three teenagers Tuesday in connection with a stolen car and gun incident, Madison police said.
The Madison Police Department said officers responded at about 7 a.m. to the 100 block of North Bedford Street for a report of a stolen Nissan Maxima.
The 21-year-old man told police he had two long guns in the trunk of the car: a rifle and a shotgun.
According to police, later in the morning, a witness reported seeing three teens outside of a car that was parked on Madison's east side, on Nakoosa Trail.
The trunk was open and the teens were removing weapons from it and taking them into nearby woods, according to the report.
They fled as police were called, abandoning the stolen Maxima, police said. A K-9 led officers to the hidden guns in the wooded area, and the suspects were apprehended after officers established a police perimeter.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry
- Madison man accused of producing child porn using a cellphone, authorities say
- 24-year-old charged with producing, distributing child pornography, officials say
- South West Madison Employment Center officially open
- Police search for suspect in Lake Geneva home invasion