MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are investigating reports of shots fired in the daytime hours Thursday in a north side neighborhood.
Madison police said several people called police at 9:20 a.m. to report hearing multiple gunshots in the 2300 block of Huxley Street.
Officers found at least three shell casings in the road, police said.
Some of the witnesses saw a dark-colored SUV speeding from the area just as gunfire was heard.
- Public Health Department seeks 3-legged dog that bit man in Stoughton
- 19 additional schools, including Madison, McFarland awarded $1.9 million in safety grants
- Search crews locate body of 13-year-old boy who drowned in Silver Lake Sunday, police say
- Wisconsin game warden helps cub escape basement with ladder
- Changes to downtown intersection concern local business owners
- ‘My whole life revolves around GM': Former worker remembers GM's Janesville history amid demolition