MADISON, Wis. - Police are investigating an armed robbery that took place Friday night at the Chase bank on Milwaukee Street.
Officials said the robbery took place around 5:40 p.m. Two men entered the bank and ordered people to the floor at gunpoint. Both men left the bank on foot with an undisclosed amount of money.
The first man was described as a heavy-set black man with a white T-shirt across the lower half of his face wearing black jogging pants and white shoes. He was armed with a black handgun.
The second man was described as a skinny black man with a black T-shirt across the lower half of his face wearing a navy blue sweatshirt . He was also armed with a black handgun.
The investigation is ongoing. Police are conducting K-9 tracks and working to get video from the bank, according to the Madison Police Department.
- 2 killed in head-on commercial crash in Jackson County
- Police release surveillance images in shooting at Madison liquor store
- 14-year-old girl charged with stealing car with baby inside
- 7 displaced by basement fire at group home, officials say
- Flight diverted to Madison, Green Bay slides off runway, officials say
- Flooding continues into weekend in several Midwest states