MADISON, Wis. - "It was a very chaotic scene," Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said in a blog post describing a fight discovered Friday night involving at least 40 people.
Officers were dispatched to a disturbance on Wright Street around 11:40 p.m. Friday night. When they arrived, they found 40 to 50 men and woman fighting.
When police arrived, people fled the area and were uncooperative with police.
Officers arrested one suspect, a 28-year-old woman. She is facing charges for resisting arrest and was transported to the jail.
- Man suspected of casino parking lot killing heads to trial
- NOAA: 'Unprecedented' flooding to continue, worsen through May
- MillerCoors sues Anheuser-Busch over corn syrup ads
- 4 teens arrested in stolen car during high-risk traffic stop, police say
- Wisconsin unemployment drops to 2.9 percent in February
- Man pushed out of car during clothing sale arranged on social media, police say