MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Narcotics Task Force has arrested two men in connection with an investigation into heroin peddling in Madison, Sun Prairie and Milwaukee.
Cory L. Alexander, 40, and Tory A. Latham, 39, are accused of bringing large quantities of heroin into the area and selling it -- in smaller amounts -- to other drug dealers, according to a news release from the Madison Police Department.
Officials said they seized $58,520 worth of heroin -- 419 grams -- eight guns and more than $3,000 in cash collectively between the two men's home.
Alexander's home is on the 2300 block of Essex Drive in Sun Prairie. Latham's house is in Hazelwood Court in the Town of Madison.
Both men are facing charges of possession of heroin with intent to deliver and maintaining a drug dwelling, according to the news release.
The investigation was conducted with the help of the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal investigation.
- Police: Vigilant neighbors help nab porch pirates, recover package
- Waterloo teacher placed on leave after mother says he dragged her 5-year-old son
- Madison police warn teens of check scheme on Snapchat, Instagram
- Man uses note to rob credit union, police say
- Portage prison guard charged with abusing inmate, sheriff says
- Milwaukee deputy cleared in lakefront fatal shooting