MADISON, Wis. - An argument between neighbors over driveway access escalated from horn honking to battery Tuesday morning, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
The fight started at the 1000 block of McKenna Boulevard around 7:40 a.m. when a woman was trying to get into her garage. She couldn't maneuver her car up the driveway because her neighbor's SUV was blocking the way, with the neighbor in the car, according to the release.
There was an exchange of horns followed by some heated words, officials said, then the two women got out of their vehicles. The driver of the SUV punched the other woman twice in the face, breaking her glasses. The injured woman then reached out and ripped a hair extension from her neighbor's head, officials said.
As the incident went on, a third neighbor came out to break up the disturbance and was successful, officials said.
Then the woman who was injured retaliated by going into her apartment and getting a kitchen knife, which she used to puncture two of the SUV's tires, according to the release.
Charmaine R. Farrille, 27, of Madison, was arrested for battery. Bettye R. Emmanuel, 33, of Madison was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed and criminal damage to property, according to the release.
- Flood warning issued in Iowa County near Muscoda through Thursday
- Police say mother of children found dead in Seymour is safe
- Federal census better recognizes Wisconsin's female farmers
- Report: Wisconsin higher ed funding drops amid national hike
- Man fleeing Milwaukee police dies in fiery crash into house
- Wisconsin River approaching 20 feet, expected to crest later Sunday