MADISON, Wis. - A 19-year-old man, Shan K. Daley, was arrested after numerous reports after entering and attempting to enter apartments on Gerry Court, Spring Street and North Mills Street around 3:19 a.m. Friday morning, police said.
A 19-year-old North Mills Street resident was one of several who called police Friday, an incident report said.
Officers established a perimeter and took Daley into custody on three counts of burglary and four counts of attempted burglary.
Police found window screens cut in apartments on Gerry Court, Spring Street and North Mills Street.
The 19-year-old victim woke up to hear her bedroom window being opened and her curtains being yanked. The suspect wasn't able to enter the window because her bed was blocking the entrance. Police said he broke a screen to another window of the victim's apartment, opened a window and came inside. She fled out of the front door.
Other victims reported miscellaneous items missing, including a potted plant that was returned.
The suspect smelled of intoxicants.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Badgers move up to No. 6 in AP sports poll
- Sun Prairie woman charged again with involvement in high-speed chase, court records say
- Wisconsin Craft Cider Tasting event is success
- Fire officials: 2 die in early-morning Milwaukee duplex fire
- Latino Art Fair honors Hispanic Heritage Month
- Live Like Levi scholarship to honor Highland man killed in Grant County crash