TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. - Police say a 13-year-old girl stole a car from a Middleton woman Wednesday on Rimrock Road around 4:30 p.m.
Police said the 45-year-old woman had her car running and was loading it up when she saw the teen get into her car, according to a news release from the Town of Madison Police Department.
The woman tried to talk the girl through the window, but the girl drove away, dragging the woman for about 30 feet before running her over.
The woman was transported to a hospital with minor injuries. The car was found a short distance away. Police have arrested the 13-year-old girl, officials said.
- Assembly to vote on juvenile prison overhaul
- Flooding warning for 8 southern Wisconsin rivers
- UW-Madison ranked first for Peace Corps
- Officials ID man with potentially explosive chemicals in apartment
- Blake Shelton is coming to Summerfest
- Crews respond to crash involving city bus on East Washington Avenue