ELLSWORTH, Wis. - A Pierce County sheriff's deputy is charged with sexually assaulting a child.
The St. Croix County Sheriff's Department is investigating the case against the 31-year-old deputy, Allen Wojcik. A criminal complaint says the assault happened sometime between last November and January when the victim was 12 or 13.
Wojcik has denied doing anything inappropriate with the child. He's been charged with four felonies, including second-degree sexual assault of a child. A preliminary hearing is scheduled Oct. 23.
25-year-old man in stable condition, suspect in custody in shooting, Madison poilce say
Sheriff: Women arrested after 2 horses found dead, 34 horses malnourished
- Driver involved in head-on crash fell asleep at wheel, deputies say
- American Girl fund awards 33 grants to Dane County organizations
- Deputies look for SUV involved in hit-and-run crash with buggy
- Evers launches transition website, announces communications lead
- 13-year-old arrested after 2 stolen vehicles located, Verona police say
- Wisconsin's 9-day deer hunt begins Saturday