MADISON, Wis. - A Banana Buybacks on South Park Street was robbed at knifepoint Tuesday afternoon.
According to a release, two men entered the store at 3:23 p.m. and asked about phones for sale. The men made their way around the counter. Police said one man put a knife to the throat of an employee. Both men took cash from the register and some cellphones.
Police said the men left when a customer entered the store. The victim told police that if the customer hadn't entered the store, the robbers would have taken the store's entire inventory.
The responding officer followed the direction taken by the two robbers and found several stolen cellphones in an alley.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
High school student calls 911 after man stalks her, enters home, police say
Portage man sentenced to nine months in jail for killing dog with hammer
- Marijuana Inc.: Billions at stake as states move to legalize cannabis
- Rain doesn't stop farmers, music lovers from turning out for Farm Aid
- Henry Vilas Zoo celebrates International Red Panda Day
- Miracle Ear gives woman gift of sound
- Flash mob on Capitol Square fights stigma of disabilities
- Market raises money for Alzheimer's research