MILWAUKEE - A criminal complaint says a 9-year-old Milwaukee girl who was accidentally shot and killed by her brother might have survived if she had received prompt medical attention.
The document says the girl and her five siblings, ranging in age from 1 to 10, were home alone with no way to reach their parents when the shooting happened Saturday. The parents were charged Tuesday with child neglect causing death and other counts.
The complaint says the girl's older brother found her playing with a handgun in their parents' bedroom. He took the weapon from her and accidentally shot her in the neck. The girl fell down a flight of stairs. Prosecutors say their parents found the girl on the living room floor when they returned and rushed her to the hospital.
Sheriff: 30-year-old woman's death considered suspicious
Burglar attempts to rob two individuals Tuesday morning
- State frack industry recovers, faces new competition
- Police look for man who entered apartment, inappropriately touched sleeping woman
- Oklahoma court removes some language in Pruitt FOIA ruling
- Minivan driver shot, crashes into tree in Racine
- Police: Violent mall thief breaks security guard's phone, faces intimidating witness charge
- Silly Yak Bakery set to close end of March