SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Officials have identified the man who was killed in a crash in Sun Prairie Sunday.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said 60-year-old Kevin G. Sylve, of Sun Prairie, died in a crash in the 2600 block of County Road T in the town of Sun Prairie at about 4 p.m.
According to the release, Sylve died from injuries he suffered in the crash.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said 46-year-old Nicholas Hanley was drunk when he struck the car Sylve was driving on the driver's side as Hanley was attempting to pass a Sylve. A passenger in the car was taken by Med Flight to the hospital.
Hanley was arrested on suspicion of homicide by intoxicated use of a motor vehicle and fourth-offense operating while intoxicated.
A court official ordered $35,000 cash bail in Dane County court Tuesday. If Hanley posts bail, he was ordered not to drive any vehicles, not to have contact with the victims' families, not to leave the state and to be on GPS monitoring.
Man flees police, bangs head against police car hood, authorities say
Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for Culver's robbery, death
- Jury: Man guilty in killing of abusive Missouri mother
- Madisonians near top of safest winter drivers list
- DOT: Downtown Sun Prairie intersection open to traffic months after explosion
- Man flees police, bangs head against police car hood, authorities say
- Hwy. 14 bridges, main access points into Black Earth, reopen
- Beaver Dam man who shook baby found guilty after 3-day trial