MADISON, Wis. - A north side resident dropped to his living room floor Tuesday night after hearing gunfire outside his home, police said.
Officers were called around 6:45 p.m. to the 4300 block of Green Avenue, where they found three shell casings in the roadway, according to a release.
Witnesses reported hearing as many as five shots, but there were no reports of injuries or property damage, police said.
The resident who dropped to his living room floor told officers the gunfire was so loud, it sounded like it was right outside his living room window.
- Explosives squad responds to Beloit Shopko
- Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- 2 teens charged in central Wisconsin gun shop burglary
- Hot dog chili sauce recalled due to mislabeling
- Blackhawk Tech consolidating campuses, expanding programs
- Here's what's in Walker's school safety bills