MADISON, Wis. - Teenagers who were arrested during a disturbance on Madison's south side Monday night later threatened violence against police officers, authorities said.
The Madison Police Department said officers responded at about 9:45 p.m. to a report of a loud fight near the intersection of Post Road and Turbot Drive.
According to the report, one officer was punched in the neck by a 13-year-old girl and another was kicked multiple times by a 15-year-old girl, as multiple officers were sent to the loud disturbance.
When officers arrived, a 15-year-old girl was in the process of using pepper spray on a boy who was trying to get away from her, police said. A sergeant moved to take her into custody, and was surrounded by others who tried to interfere with the arrest, including the two girls who battered the officers.
Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain said that during the fight, many young people used phones to record the officers' actions while screaming and yelling.
After being arrested, a 15-year-old girl vowed to batter police officers in the future, after her release from the Juvenile Reception Center, DeSpain said.
"The 13-year-old bragged about punching the officer in the throat, saying she would do it again if given the opportunity," DeSpain said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Sun Prairie police ramping up security at Sweet Corn Festival in response to fight
Madison police use city cameras to break up drug deal between two teens
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce
- Sun Prairie police ramping up security at Sweet Corn Festival in response to fight