MADISON, Wis. - Officers investigating shots-fired reports in a Madison neighborhood Wednesday night found shell casings, according to the report.
Madison police said officers responded at 11:21 p.m. to Wheeler Road at School Road on Madison's north side for reports of gunfire.
Officers found seven .45-caliber casings near a stop sign on the south side of Wheeler Road, according to the report.
A homeowner told police he thought his house may have been struck by a bullet, as he felt something hit it as shots rang out, the report said. In the dark of night, neither he nor officers could find damage. There were no reports of injuries. Another witness reported seeing a car speed through the area at the time the gunfire was heard.
- Armed man robs group of people on far west side, police say
- Man walking along highway robbed at knife-point, police say
- Madison School District discusses adding interior classroom locks in wake of Florida shooting
- MPD: 1 person shot at west side liquor store
- Man sentenced for drug, theft charges
- MMSD addresses security concerns in district