MADISON, Wis. - Officers investigating shots-fired reports in a Madison neighborhood Wednesday night found shell casings, according to the report.
Madison police said officers responded at 11:21 p.m. to Wheeler Road at School Road on Madison's north side for reports of gunfire.
Officers found seven .45-caliber casings near a stop sign on the south side of Wheeler Road, according to the report.
A homeowner told police he thought his house may have been struck by a bullet, as he felt something hit it as shots rang out, the report said. In the dark of night, neither he nor officers could find damage. There were no reports of injuries. Another witness reported seeing a car speed through the area at the time the gunfire was heard.
- DCSO: Man crashes into squad car after pursuit, deputy hurt
- Police: registered sex offender found running through west side backyards
- New overnight finals-week shuttle at UW-Madison designed for student safety
- Child seriously injured in second major crash at Dodge County intersection in two weeks
- Oprah attends UW-Milwaukee graduation ceremony
- 77-year-old UW-Madison graduate participates in commencement ceremony 50 years later