MADISON, Wis. - A masked thief stole money from an east Madison gas station Thursday afternoon, police said.
The Madison Police Department said an employee at the Amoco station on Williamson Street told police he was in a backroom about 4 p.m. stocking shelves and monitoring the front of the business via a surveillance camera.
While doing so, he saw a man enter, go behind the counter and take off, the report said. When the clerk came out to investigate, he noticed money from a cash box, which had been beneath the counter, was now missing.
The clerk told police the thief was about 6 feet, 4 inches tall and was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and had something covering his nose and mouth.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Doing nothing's not an option': State legislators and gun control activists rally for change
- Family displaced after apartment fire in Madison
- Middleton man arrested on sixth drunken driving charge
- Verona Parks Board approves Jesus Lunch event
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry