FITCHBURG, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner released the name of the 20-year-old man who was shot and killed in Fitchburg on Monday night, according to a news release.
Julian J. Patterson, 20, of Fort Atkinson, was transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.
Fitchburg police were called to the scene of the shooting, at 5154 Anton Drive, around 5:45 p.m.
Officials said a preliminary investigation suggested there had been a disturbance at the residence involving multiple men. During the disturbance, at least one shot was fired, killing Patterson.
Patterson's death remains under investigation. At this time, officials have not named any suspects.
"To be honest with you, we're not even 24 hours into this investigation, and we're chasing down quite a few leads, which is good." Fitchburg Police Chief Chad Brecklin said. "We'll see where they all go but I'm confident that, at some point in time, we'll be able to bring this to fruition."
Officials said the shooting was not a random act of violence and suggested that the victim knew the killer.
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery