MADISON, Wis. - Curtis S. Pethley, a 61-year-old man from McFarland, was sentenced Tuesday to five years in federal prison for distributing child pornography.
According to a release, the term of imprisonment will be followed by a 10-year period of supervised release.
Pethley pleaded guilty to the charge May 18, 2018.
On Dec. 21, 2016, Pethley used Facebook to communicated with an unidentified Facebook user, the release said. He asked the user if he wanted to have sex with a minor and then sent a picture of a young girl engaged in explicit conduct, the release said.
Pethley also faces charges of identity theft in the District of Oregon for unrelated conduct.
The charge was the result of an investigation by the FBI Child Exploitation Task Force and the McFarland Police Department.
- State launches addiction recovery helpline 'Call 211'
- Janesville woman, 50, killed in crash on Highway 14
- Anonymous donor gives $98K to Sauk County flood relief
- 'They let a lot of things go in Wisconsin': Hit-and-run driver kills man, sentenced to 6 years
- 'The traffic problems are just a nightmare': Farm equipment on the road during harvest
- DOJ awards $45 million in final school safety grants, focuses on mental health