JUNEAU, Wis. - Judge Brian Pfitzinger on Monday sentenced Benjamin Marx, 31, to 45 years in prison for first-degree sexual assault of a child under 12 and sexual exploitation of a child, according to the Dodge County District Attorney’s Office.
During the investigation, detectives said they found videos showing that Marx sexually assaulted a 3-year-old child and recorded his crime.
Assistant District Attorney Yolanda Tienstra said, “No amount of incarceration is ‘enough’ for committing such a devastating crime, but this sentence will keep the defendant from harming another child for what may be the rest of his life.”
Marx will also serve 35 years of extended supervision, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police: Man killed in a shooting on Milwaukee's north side
- Stuck in detention: For immigrants without lawyers, justice is hard to find
- Expert predicts more Wisconsin frac sand mines may close
- Police: Woman battered, shots fired downtown overnight
- Man drives off road, arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Man shot during 'disturbance involving many people,' police say