MADISON, Wis. - A masked gunman robbed an east side bank Monday morning, Madison police said.
The man entered the Old National Bank at 216 Cottage Grove Road around 9:15 a.m. and demanded money, according to a release.
The man was wearing all black clothing and displayed a handgun, police said. He got away with some of the bank’s money, and was last seen running down John Street.
The robber is described as black, in his 30s, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighing 185 pounds.
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery
- Milwaukee police investigate death of baby boy
- Police arrest man with brass knuckles, making threats
- Treasurer's office is on chopping block in April 3 election
- Study: Helmets reduce neck injuries in motorcycle crashes