MADISON, Wis. - A man wanted in connection with a drug-related pistol-whipping incident Sunday night was arrested Wednesday morning during a traffic stop, police said.
Police stopped 25-year-old Dalon C. Love, of Madison, around 7:10 p.m. on John Nolen Drive, according to a release.
The pistol-whipping incident happened inside a West Gorham Street apartment where Love allegedly hit a 23-year-old man in the head with a gun while taking some of the man’s marijuana, police said. The victim needed 20 staples to close his head wounds.
Love was arrested on tentative charges of substantial battery and armed robbery.
- Plane that led Normandy invasion discovered, restored
- Man falls through thin ice off shores of Brittingham Park, officials say
- Fitchburg police investigate shots fired, armed robbery
- OnStar helps police track down 14-year-old car thief, police say
- Drunk driver hits squad car, causes extensive damage, police say
- Teens shoot pellet gun out of car window, damage home