MADISON, Wis. - Madison police arrested a man Saturday after he hit a woman with a chair and damaged property during a drunken altercation in the shadow of the state Capitol, police say.
According to an incident report, a woman was looking to "just enjoy a nice dinner" on the 100 block of State Street when Jimmy A. Clark, 61, began throwing restaurant chairs at another man. The woman, who knew both men involved in the conflict, tried to intervene and was hit in the head by one of the flying chairs.
Police said Clark was arrested for battery, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and on a warrant.
According to the report, Clark tried to downplay the incident, saying, "Ain't nothing occurred. A man attacked me, and I threw chairs at him."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
- Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing
- Ex-Princess My Party performer says workers have gone months without pay; company says money ran out
- Security guard fired for asking student to stop calling him N-word by repeating slur seeks change
- As possible end to General Motors strike draws near, workers continue to picket
- PFAS found in Madison's four seasonal wells