MADISON, Wis. - A 27-year-old woman was slapped Wednesday night in downtown Madison by a man carrying a sub in a plastic bag who “cornered her into a tree,” according to a release.
The woman was walking around 10:20 p.m. in the 500 block of State Street when a man started following her, police said.
The woman turned away after he cornered her into a tree, and then felt and heard a loud slap on her butt, according to the release. She told an officer she was “mortified, shocked and disturbed.”
The man, 53-year-old Marvin Prince, of Madison, was arrested after initially trying to use a fake name, police said.
The woman did not see what Prince used to slap her, but police believe he used a plastic bag containing a sub sandwich, according to the release.
Prince told officers the slap was more of a bump, and they were wasting their time investigating the case, saying “this stuff happens on the street.”
Prince was arrested on tentative charges of fourth-degree sexual assault, disorderly conduct and resisting or obstructing.
Police investigate residential burglary in Midtown district, officials say
Beaver Dam police investigating 'suspicious death' after shooting Saturday afternoon
- Beaver Dam police investigating 'suspicious death' after shooting Saturday afternoon
- Deputies rescue 2 wailing bear cubs trapped in flooded den
- Experts warn Midwest flood risk may persist for months
- Judge refuses to throw out homicide case against baby sitter
- Milwaukee Archdiocese removes 2 archbishops' names from headquarters complex
- Canadian pipeline group spent $11M lobbying in Minnesota last year