MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man owes $62,888 and will spend 21 months in federal prison for multiple instances of credit card fraud, according to a news release from the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
Law enforcement started investigating 51-year-old Gregory Bethea in April of 2014 after a Sam's Club and Walmart fraud investigator requested assistance.
Officials said store surveillance camera footage helped authorities identify Bethea as the person using fraudulently obtained credit cards to purchase merchandise at retailers throughout Wisconsin and Michigan.
Police said he purchased food, iPads, video gaming systems, clothing, computers and electronics.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Want to help Madison East High School renovate their fieldhouse? Voting for a grant ends tomorrow
- Suspect in fiery crash at Beaver Dam school faces felony charge
- Officers won't be charged in high-speed I-39 crash that killed suspected kidnapper, his brother
- MPD: Motel guest opens door to find stranger with gun; other guests have purse, wallet stolen
- Drunken driver crashes into Beaver Dam school causing estimated $100K in damage, officials say
- Fire likely ignited by discarded cigarettes causes $50,000 in vehicle damage