MADISON, Wis. - A man, who is moving into a Waunona Way apartment, called for police Wednesday afternoon after he entered his new apartment and discovered the sliding glass door was shattered.
According to a release, officers cleared the apartment, but didn't find anyone. They did find a box of laptop computers and a plastic tote containing more laptops.
Police said they are the laptops that were recently stolen from the Bridge Lake Point Waunona Neighborhood Center. The robber took cash and 16 laptops from the center.
Police said the robber most likely decided to stash the laptops in the victim's apartment since it appeared to be unoccupied.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 87-year-old man dies after head-on crash in Town of Burke
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade