MADISON, Wis. - A man who threatened his neighbor and was involved in a seven-hour standoff last month with police was booked into the Dane County Jail Wednesday.
Christopher L. Hayden, 38, was barricaded in his home after threatening his neighbor with a gun, but walked out of the Marquette Street house voluntarily, police said.
Hayden was taken to the veterans hospital for evaluation after the incident. He was booked into the Dane County Jail Wednesday and tentatively charged with second-degree reckless endangering safety and failure to comply.
Police said that Hayden was going through personal issues, which could have been a factor. Officials say he was agitated and yelled out the window to them in a threatening manner.
Highway reopens following police activity in Beaver Dam, DOT officials say
Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Beloit Turner voters to consider $26.8M referendum on April ballot
- Highway reopens following police activity in Beaver Dam, DOT officials say
- Dump truck driver dumps dirt, rocks into traffic during police pursuit, sheriff says
- Woman reported missing from Janesville found safe, officials say
- Man accused of attacking 2 women near UW-Madison pleads not guilty to new charges
- About 70 treated after air quality forces school evacuation