MADISON, Wis. - A man who threatened his neighbor and was involved in a seven-hour standoff last month with police was booked into the Dane County Jail Wednesday.
Christopher L. Hayden, 38, was barricaded in his home after threatening his neighbor with a gun, but walked out of the Marquette Street house voluntarily, police said.
Hayden was taken to the veterans hospital for evaluation after the incident. He was booked into the Dane County Jail Wednesday and tentatively charged with second-degree reckless endangering safety and failure to comply.
Police said that Hayden was going through personal issues, which could have been a factor. Officials say he was agitated and yelled out the window to them in a threatening manner.
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville
- Madison has used the least water in fifty years