MADISON, Wis. - Surveillance video helped Madison police identify a man who entered an unlocked apartment Friday night and stole money while a resident was sleeping, officials said.
Zayne W. Willis, 21, of Madison, was seen on surveillance video around 7:40 p.m. entering an apartment in the 500 block of North Frances Street, according to a release.
Willis stole money from wallets while at least one resident was asleep, police said.
Another surveillance camera captured Willis stealing a $950 coat that had been left in a common area of the same building, according to the release.
Willis face tentative charges of burglary with a person lawfully present in the dwelling and theft.
Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County
Police collect former head of Democratic Party's DNA in overdose death investigation
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County
- Sheriff: Person found dead in home after structure fire
- Police collect former head of Democratic Party's DNA in overdose death investigation
- Woman charged in 3 infant deaths from the '80s, says she 'can't take kids that constantly cry'
- Sun Prairie High wants to end 'demeaning' student ranking tradition