MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man, Michael Lowe, age 31, was arrested Monday after police connected him to an August bike theft.
The bike, a Trek Domain Series Six Carbon Fiber Racing Bicycle, was found by the original owner on Craigslist this past week. The 42-year-old man's bike, valued at $6000, was stolen from his garage on Twin Pines Drive in August. He identified his bike with the help of a sticker containing his name that was still on the frame.
A Madison Police Department detective believes Lowe stole the bike and then pawned it at a shop. The secondary seller was unaware of the theft, according to officials.
The suspect was identified by pawn records and arrested on felony theft and bail-jumping charges.
Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
- Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Consumer Reports: Best carpet cleaning machines
- Call for Action: Power company to cut down trees near lines instead of trimming them
- Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- 2 teens charged in central Wisconsin gun shop burglary