BELOIT, Wis. - A Beloit man was arrested Saturday after crashing a pickup truck into the roof of a Beloit home, police said.
According to a news release, Pieter E. Bruner, 37, was driving at a high rate of speed northbound on South Park Avenue when his vehicle left the roadway. The vehicle became airborne, traveled roughly 20 yards, then crashed into the roof of the home.
The homeowner was in his garage watching the Wisconsin Badgers game when the truck came through the roof. Others were home at the time but no one was injured.
Bruner was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while under the influence, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and reckless driving.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Marquette County deputies ask public for help in finding suspected burglar caught on camera
- ‘Life is a priority': Madison considers joining project to bring severe traffic injuries to zero
- LGBT groups ask city of Beloit to ban conversion therapy practice
- Rape Crisis Center questions why man convicted of child sex assault likely won't serve prison time
- School bus rollover injures 1 student in western Wisconsin
- DNR: Deer hunting license sales on par with 2018