MADISON, Wis. - The Stoughton man accused of causing a crash that killed a young Cottage Grove couple pleaded not guilty Thursday to his charges.
Brandon Ballweg, 25, is facing more than a half-dozen felony charges, including second-degree reckless homicide for allegedly hitting and killing Kirk U’ren and Jenni Steiner.
The crash happened in February on Highway 30.
Police said they found evidence of drugs in Ballweg’s system at the time of the crash.
Ballweg will be back in court July 7.
- Former police officer charged with sexual assault of 3 children
- Police: Dozens of car windows shattered
- Packers urinal splash guard spotted at Chicago police dept.
- Alcohol breath test kiosk a success, Racine County Jail says
- Walker says he would be 'shocked' if Ryan drops out
- 7-Eleven clerk, robber, worked together in gas station holdup, police say