MADISON, Wis. - Police found shell casings in a north Madison area where a woman reported seeing a man with a gun and hearing gunfire early Friday, police said.
Madison police said a woman living in the 500 block of Northport Drive called police after she heard three gunshots at 12:40 a.m.
The woman told police she saw from her bedroom window a young man running from the area of her apartment building toward Moose Trail. In his right hand, the woman said, she could see a handgun with an extended magazine. She told police that it looked like "one of those guns from 'Grand Theft Auto,'" referring to a video game.
Officers recovered three 9mm shell casings, according to the report. There were no immediate reports of injuries or property damage.
"Following the gun violence, the witness awoke her daughter and brought her into mom's bed for the night," police spokesman Joel DeSpain said.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- The Ride event in Madison canceled due to poor weather
- Highway 14 open after Rock County crash
- Man breaks leg, requires surgery following hit-and-run in Madison
- 15-year-old Madison teen crashes car into tree, arrested for OWI
- Pecatonica Area School District responds to controversial float in homecoming parade
- Police: 19-year-old woman sexually assaulted in car while visiting downtown Madison