MADISON, Wis. - Madison police asked for the public's help to identify a man who tried to rob Klinke Cleaners Friday morning.
Police say the man had no luck getting any cash after trying to hold up the shop, located at 939 Park Street. They say he showed no weapon, but demanded money. After an employee told him no, the suspect fled.
Police describe the man as a white male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, 150 pounds and in his early 30s. He was last seen wearing a black Carhartt-type jacket with a black hoodie underneath and blue jeans. An employee at Klinke Cleaners called the robber "strung out."
Detectives believe this attempted robbery could be connected to another failed attempt that took place at a nearby Subway Wednesday morning.
Anyone with information on either incident is asked to contact the Madison Police Department.
Police: Wife shot in DeForest, husband in custody Friday night
UPDATED: Kwik Trip armed robbery suspect in custody, officials say
- Police: Wife shot in DeForest, husband in custody Friday night
- MSO concert reflects the gravity of the day
- Volunteers pack 120K meals to feed starving children
- Madison police rarely issue tickets for loud dogs
- Driver arrested after eluding officers, driving 100 mph, officials say
- Madison-made technology to treat diabetic foot ulcers