MADISON, Wis. - Madison Police are looking for a driver who nearly hit a man Saturday evening.
Madison police were called to do a welfare check on the driver and a passenger in a van parked on the north side. Police say the parked van was running, while a man and woman were unconscious inside.
According to a release from MPD, the driver woke up and hit the gas, instead of turning off the ignition as officers orderd him to. A 56-year-old man on Waxwing Lane had to quickly step out of the way, to avoid being hit by the van.
The officers did not pursue the van but were able to identity the driver. They say he is 35 years old and from Verona. MPD says there is probable cause to arrest him for first-degree reckless endangerment and fleeing an officer.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Should Wisconsin lottery winners be required to come forward?
- Chicago Heights man sentenced to more than 7 years prison for selling heroin in Madison, DOJ report
- Police K-9 stabbed numerous times returns to duty
- Explosion in lab sends 1 to hospital, MFD reports
- Passing the baton: New UW marching band director named
- Police release father's 911 call reporting 5-year-old boy missing